stock wiring harness diagram

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stock wiring harness diagram

so i pulled my aftermarket tv out today. and i went to hook up my stock cd player again, and there are 3 spots for harnesess. i found one, it looks like one was spliced up and thrown away for the aftermarket tv, and i have no idea what goes in the third. does anyone.
1. have a diagram of the wiring harness
b. have an extra harness they will sell me(if you have an aftermarket unit, you dont need it)
c. know where i can buy the harness
thanks!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Instructor

Only 2 of the 3 are used. The 20 pin harness is for all the main things and the 12 pin harness is for the equalizer. I have a paper copy of the diagram and no scanner. I would assume the equalizer harness was discarded. You can do with out the equalizer harness if you splice the input and output together and bypass the eq.
Old 09-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Racer

just out of corousity, whats the 3? and can anyone explain how to splice the input and output together? i dont care how perfect it is, as long as it works. and plays cds and the radio. thanks
Old 09-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Instructor

I believe the 3rd one is for cd changer and also would be used if you install the blitzsafe adapter.
Out of the 12 wire harness which in your case should just be 12 wires with no harness, tie the white and the orange wires together, tie the blue/green and red wires together, and tie the orange/blue and black wires together. Thats it, you should be good to go. The only problem is that the stock sub will not work without the eq, but Im assuming you can live without it.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Racer

thanks chinoz, ill try that. anyone have any other advice, just incase? should i buy this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
Old 09-16-2004, 10:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
Is this what you are looking for?

schematics

click on schematics link lower left

Iggy
Old 09-16-2004, 10:17 PM
Racer

thanks for the help iggy. i found this picture, i only have the black harness shown in this picture. what are the other two? my tl is the non-navi. i found a phat green one but i dont know where that goes. it looks like it might go into a navi?? does that make sense? im so lost.
http://users.adelphia.net/~krisnlore...o/spkframe.htm
Old 09-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 193 Likes on 160 Posts
there are only 2 connectors that plug into the HU. The 12 pin is for the stock EQ, and the 20 pin is the one containing speaker signals, power, brightness etc...

The third plug you see on the back of the HU is for a remote cd player which you don't have to worry about. I forgot the colors of the connectors but you only need a 12 pin and 20 pin to get the job done. It looks like the Ebay item pictured is the 20 pin connector, and I would guess he probably has the 12 pin as well if you need it.

iggy
Old 09-17-2004, 10:24 AM
Racer

thanks a lot for the info. im gonna pick that up. from him
Old 09-27-2004, 03:58 PM
1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i`m wondering.. is it possible to find the 12V Switched anywhere else other than behind the headunit? because i`m trying to install something that requires the 12V Switched but i don`t want to have to pull out my headunit just to get to the 12V Switched behind the headunit, because taking off the headunit itself is already a big hassle.. i own a `99 TL-P..
Old 11-18-2004, 09:21 PM
Racer

none of this makes any sense.... i have a 20 pin green harness that appears it should plug into the navi. i dont have the navi. i have a nonnavi tl. i have another 14 pin harness that i need the wiring diagram for, then i have a smaller black harness thats intact, and i have a spot in my cd player for a third harness. i already understand that one of the 3 spots will be unused. and i am almost positive that i dont use the 20 pin green harness(even though no one has confirmed this) but why is it so hard to find a diagram of the 14 pin harness. and is there or isnt there a stock amp or eq outside of the actually radio???
Old 05-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Cruisin'

Help

Hello, can you please tell me how I would go about using my factory amp to operate my speakers if I remove the factory deck of my 1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Originally Posted by ChinozTL
Only 2 of the 3 are used. The 20 pin harness is for all the main things and the 12 pin harness is for the equalizer. I have a paper copy of the diagram and no scanner. I would assume the equalizer harness was discarded. You can do with out the equalizer harness if you splice the input and output together and bypass the eq.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AccTL1999
Hello, can you please tell me how I would go about using my factory amp to operate my speakers if I remove the factory deck of my 1999 Acura 3.2 TL

Just purchase a Metra Wiring harness for your car from www.crutchfield.com
Old 05-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Cruisin'

Hello how are you, i would really like to know what book you used to help you with the "Schematics of the 3.2TL 99-03" .And where could i get one..Thank you

Originally Posted by superballs
thanks for the help iggy. i found this picture, i only have the black harness shown in this picture. what are the other two? my tl is the non-navi. i found a phat green one but i dont know where that goes. it looks like it might go into a navi?? does that make sense? im so lost.
http://users.adelphia.net/~krisnlore...o/spkframe.htm
Old 05-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello how are you, i would really like to know what book you used to help you with the "Schematics of the 3.2TL 99-03" .And where could i get one..Thank you

It's in the link he posted.. "Part:2 Schematics" http://users.adelphia.net/~krisnlore...o/spkframe.htm
Old 05-25-2006, 09:54 AM
7th Gear

The 99 TL has an amp behind the rear seat which drives the subwoofer _only_. The amp that drives the four door speakers is built into the head unit, so if you remove that, you're removing the factory amp as well. You'll need to replace it with a powered head unit, or a head unit / external amp combination.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:26 AM
Cruisin'

Hello how are you. I have a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL I would like to use my factory amp to power my factory sub. I already removed the factory unit and installed an amp to power my four speakers.

Can you tell me how can I get my factory amp to work and what wires am I to use for powering it back up .???

Originally Posted by Iggy
there are only 2 connectors that plug into the HU. The 12 pin is for the stock EQ, and the 20 pin is the one containing speaker signals, power, brightness etc...

The third plug you see on the back of the HU is for a remote cd player which you don't have to worry about. I forgot the colors of the connectors but you only need a 12 pin and 20 pin to get the job done. It looks like the Ebay item pictured is the 20 pin connector, and I would guess he probably has the 12 pin as well if you need it.

iggy
Old 07-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Cruisin'

Hello how are you. I have a 1999 Acura 3.2 TL I would like to use my factory amp to power my factory sub. I already removed the factory unit and installed an amp to power my four speakers.

Can you tell me how can I get my factory amp to work and what wires am I to use for powering it back up .???

Originally Posted by Iggy
Is this what you are looking for?

schematics

click on schematics link lower left

Iggy
Old 03-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Cruisin'

can sombody tell me where what goes like what goes to the power of the cd player i dont understand that jibberish diagram
Old 03-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Intermediate

Talking

I hope this helps anyone who tries to hook up the stock sub amp to aftermaket HU. this is what i did:

i traced the amp wire to the corner where the front passenger sits, right by the door, i took out the cover, there is a light brown thick wire, which conatins the blue wire with green stripe and orange wire with blue strip. i connacted those to the HU sub output with rca jacks, and cut the end to connect to the wires. anso you need to connect the remote wite from the radio to give the amp the sing to turn on. on my radio (pioneer) its blue, but i dont know what color might be on other radios. You need to connect that (remote) wire to a wire which is in the same location as the blue and orange wires. there is a bunch of wires, but you have to look for an all orange wire, it should be very close to the light brown thick wire (that contains the two wires), and try is out.

it worked for me, so it should work for you, and there is no need to run the wires all the way to the back, and take out the seat, and hopefully its not too confusing.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Ackniculous One

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
^^^^
Oh man, this would save a lot of headache! I found an RCA cable that has the RCA plug on one end and it has two bare wires at the other end. It's Item # 42-2372..12 foot and $4.99 and available at Radio Shack.

This should save some time from stripping and messing with cutting of the end of an RCA cable.

Here is the link in case the picture doesn't work.

Radio Shack RCA Cable Plug to Bare wire

Good work man, I will try this when I install my new HU in a week or so.

Originally Posted by mariusz84
I hope this helps anyone who tries to hook up the stock sub amp to aftermaket HU. this is what i did:

i traced the amp wire to the corner where the front passenger sits, right by the door, i took out the cover, there is a light brown thick wire, which conatins the blue wire with green stripe and orange wire with blue strip. i connacted those to the HU sub output with rca jacks, and cut the end to connect to the wires. anso you need to connect the remote wite from the radio to give the amp the sing to turn on. on my radio (pioneer) its blue, but i dont know what color might be on other radios. You need to connect that (remote) wire to a wire which is in the same location as the blue and orange wires. there is a bunch of wires, but you have to look for an all orange wire, it should be very close to the light brown thick wire (that contains the two wires), and try is out.

it worked for me, so it should work for you, and there is no need to run the wires all the way to the back, and take out the seat, and hopefully its not too confusing.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:26 AM
Intermediate

ok im about to install an aftermarket sub system in a customers car, what do you guys use to turn on an aftermarket amp? I read on hear the stock remote wire doesn’t do the trick, apparently it won’t even trip a small relay. so do you guys use a switched 12volts? (key on) if so, were is the best place to grab it? also I assume there’s a circuit to make the factory remote wire into a useable +12 volt signal for aftermarket amps, were can I find these?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:19 PM
4th Gear

Focal, i'm wondering the same very thing, i have an 01 CL type-s with the stock Bose headunit and component speakers. Looking to add an amp/sub by tying into the rear speakers then converting to rca for signal. As far as remote turn-on goes, i'm really not 100% sure what to do. As you stated the turn-on via stock HU may not work...i thought about tapping into a cig/power outlet but the power is constant i believe so the amp would always be on... It would make sense to run a new wire with switch/toggle, but where would you tap into that wouldn't result in battery drain?

Is there a way to run the remote turn-on for the amp by the factory amp? Would that be jeopardizing the stability of the factory amp?

Last edited by JoeFreedom; 03-30-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

yeah the RIGHT way to do this is. is use the PAC Tr7, and as for RCA conversion, i would use the Highlevel input on your amp (if it has it) or get a speaker level-RCA converter

http://www.mobilcaraudio.com/catalog...19.htm#image_1

Last edited by focal; 04-02-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:47 PM
4th Gear

PAC TR7 installation

How exactly do you install the Tr7 in an '01 cl type-s w/ factory bose setup? What is the Tr7's power source? tap into factory amp?

Thanks for responding focal,
much appreciated.

Joe
Old 04-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Intermediate

it uses a postive, ground, signal INPUT, and has remote out (+12v), basically you feed it 12 volts, ground it, and feed the 9volt trigger wire to it's input, and hook the OUTPUT wire to the amp, it works like a relay, it can use as little as .8 volts to trigger it. (it has MANY uses, you program it (it comes with instructions)
Old 04-03-2007, 01:50 PM
4th Gear

focal, i appreciate your input thus far. You may be tired of answering my questions so i think this is hopefully my last one. Where does the 9v trigger wire tie into in my CL-S?
Thanks.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Intermediate

http://www.cykoautomotive.com/diagrams/ac1.jpg

see the orange wire going to sub amp? thats the signal wire, snip it if you want to disable the factory sub (doing this will stop factory sub amp from coming on) and then take the input wire on the TR7 and connect it with the signal side of the orange wire. if you want to retain stock subwoofer (just splice into the signal wire)
Old 04-04-2007, 12:02 AM
4th Gear

yeah my car doesn't have a factory sub. It has bose components, factory amp, but no sub. 01' cl type-s. Even so, the factory amp should have a signal wire i could use then yea? i'll have to look for a pinout, thanks.