Location (State/Prov):

Sent money for SPC Camber Kit via PayPal - no response from seller

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 05:32 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sent money for SPC Camber Kit via PayPal - no response from seller

Hi,

In early November of 2006, Nelson Ha (user name: nelsonbelson) posted "FS: Spc Rear Camber Kit" here on Acurazine. I looked at some of his other posts and asked him why he was selling. It looks that everybody on this forum was saying bad things about the boot breaking but I wasn't too concerned about that if I can get a decent deal and maybe a replacement from the manufacturer. I thought I'd do him a favor and get those off his hands as well. So, I asked him if they were the same as the ones one of the vendors on this site was selling. We agreed on $125 shipped. Our conversations begins..

Nelson wrote on 11-17-2006 1:11PM:
yes these are it. I just checked the Part number. ok paypal me at @student.ucr.edu for $125.

These will be shipped when payment is cleared. also provide me a shipping address. thank u.

I wrote on 11-17-2006 2:11PM:
Payment has been sent! Please send me the Tracking Number once you've shipped the item. Thank you!

(Payment was sent via PayPal with shipping information)

Nelson wrote on 11-18-2006 1:55AM:
thanks for the quick payment. the camber kit will be shipped either tomarorw or the fallowing day, when i have some time. tracking number will be provided.

I wrote on 11-18-2006 9:58PM:
no problem. thanks for letting me know.

Nelson wrote on 11-19-2006 8:35PM:
Hey Norman, im sorry to say that i still havent shipped the SPC camber kit. I havent found time because of studying for midterms. I promise to ship before thanksgiving but if you prefer i would issue you a full refund. If not the kit will be shipped by wednesday. sorry for the delays.

I wrote on 11-27-2006 1:13PM:
give me a status on the shipment when you get the chance. thanks!

I wrote on 11-28-2006 2:20PM:
nelson, you know what, just refund me the money via paypal. i'll open up a dispute in a day or so if i don't hear from you. thanks!

I know Nelson read my messages so, I openned up a PayPal dispute on 11-30-2006 to try to get back my money since i haven't heard from him in a while. I escalated this dispute on 12-19-2006 to PayPal and they could not get a hold of the seller. PayPal closed the case in my favor on 12-29-2006 but I'm still out $125.

Does anybody know Nelson Ha from UC Riverside? He's probably been way busy with school and stuff, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. But now I just want the money that I sent to him back.

Thanks!

Norman
Old 01-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Advanced

Paypal doesnt neccesarily always help do they?
Old 01-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Administrator

Received 1,002 Likes on 572 Posts
I asked lui_boy to post this thread so this matter could be discussed in the forum where it all started, and possibly get some more information from any of our members.

In addition to his efforts to contact nelsonbelson, I sent nelsonbelson an email to his profile address, an email to the address lui_boy furnished, and several PM's, including one today. Even though nelsonbelson has been in the forum often since this started, he has never replied to any correspondence or made any attempt to explain what is happening with this transaction.

I don't know what's happening these days, but readers of this forum will notice this is the third thread of this type to be posted in less than a week.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My input on this crazy new trend was the holidays , that these scammers were trying to get money for themselves without producing the product and taking advantage but I could be wrong.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CL Platano
My input on this crazy new trend was the holidays , that these scammers were trying to get money for themselves without producing the product and taking advantage but I could be wrong.
Who knows, but it sucks...
Old 01-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Did you pay through PayPal using a credit card? Has anyone placed a PayPal transaction into dispute through their credit card? Usually credit card transactions provide protection from goods not received.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:24 AM
_

Received 3,097 Likes on 1,867 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Ron A
I don't know what's happening these days, but readers of this forum will notice this is the third thread of this type to be posted in less than a week.
What's up with these people, don't they have any morals at all?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:37 AM
TLingggggggg

Well sometimes when it comes to bigger items just meet the guy straight up or spend alittle more so you wont run into the risk of this happening.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Administrator

After repeated attempts at contacting nelsonbelson, and after talking with lui_boy who agrees any more attempts will be fruitless, I have banned nelsonbelson.

I am sure this will have little effect on nelsonbelson, but it is the only thing left to do.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Advanced

NelsonBelson is a straight scammer. My friends spoke with him about getting volk wheels. Because i am more financially stable than my buddies, they used me as a guinea pig.

i was told by him that he could get me a set of 19 x 8.5 inch volk te-37's in gold with kumho supra tires at a super deal for $2200 shipped, because his vendor had them in stock. Again, it sounded fishy, cause Volks are custom made and it takes up to 90 days to receive them. He said they would arrive in three weeks. The best price I ever found anywhere was $2500 for my specific desires and that included free shipping, free lugs and centercaps.

The deal seemed too good to be true, but I went along with it anyways. He asked me to western union him a deposit of $300 and I straight up told him that it was bullsh*t and that I would put a deposit of $100 down and it would only be done through paypal. He accepted.

After three weeks, I didn't receive anything or any confirmation from him that the wheels were done. He provided me his phone number, so I contacted him over the phone. I talked to him briefly and he told me they would arrive by next week. Being a patient person, I said okay. The following week, no rims were at my door so I called and I got no answer after several attempts. Because he recognized my number, I had my friend who hooked me up with him call him. Nelson answered on the first attempt. My friend threatened him by asking where the rims were and he abruptly hung up on him. After this, I filed a claim through paypal and awaited a response from them. I made several attempts at e-mailing him and received no response. It was until I threatened him by attempting to take him to a small claims court that I was contacted by Nelson's older brothers girlfriend whose paypal account he was using. She said that she had no idea this was happening. She overheard between her boyfriend and Nelson about getting cheap Volks, but didn't know much about it. About two weeks later, Paypal shut down her paypal account and she mailed me a check for $100.

Sorry for the Long post, but the point is to NOT BUY FROM NELSON. makes acuraziners look bad
Old 01-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Thanks, xxviet. Your reply was the very reason I wanted these threads to be posted, and is very helpful.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:02 AM
Intermediate

woah.. ucr?? thats trippy cuz i go there tooo.... hRMm that sucks man.. scammers screw everyone over
Old 01-06-2007, 08:52 AM
'02 S2000

j0shchen, you should track him down and kick his a*s, lol. I hate having problems with people, especially through paypal.....im starting to hate paypal. DAMN YOU SCAMMERS!
Old 01-06-2007, 09:40 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,821 Likes on 3,734 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
Thanks, xxviet. Your reply was the very reason I wanted these threads to be posted, and is very helpful.
Isn't there a way to track this low life down by way of his ip address?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:04 AM
'02 S2000

im sure u can track him down by this paypal address.....lets all gang up and get him!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Just for the record, and to protect us from whatever, we don't condone or endorse violence.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:18 AM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,821 Likes on 3,734 Posts
^^

Not talking about violence. How about - arrest/fine......dismemberment?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:40 AM
Administrator

OK this is turning into a Ramblings type thread and we really need to get back to business, which is informing people about who is scamming and trying to get some information about the scammer.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:04 PM
7th Gear

hey xxvietxbOixtOixx, if you still have the contact number, PM that information to me. thanks man!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Advanced

i just wrote the number on some random piece of paper and never bothered to save it. There's a chance I have it downstairs in one of the drawers. I will look and also give my friend a call who hooked me up with nelson. I'll let you if i can find it
Old 01-08-2007, 01:20 AM
B A N N E D

kinda throws it off when the damn scammer cant even spell for shit

how old is this nelson and what is he studying. my friend is at UCR and we'd be glad to show him "wats up" for u.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:49 AM
The Case Worker

Did a little bit of research through facebook.com, a website for college students. I looked under UC Riverside (assuming that is what UCR stands for). The last name Ha I would have to guess is a false name, as often done by scammers to throw anyone off. There is though, a Nelson Chao who is a student at UCR. I cannot access further pictures, but the main picture is one of him driving in a car. I apologize if this is not the same person, but I find it to be quite a coincidence for it not to be him.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:57 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have seen this person posting numerous FS thread. I PM him about some parts before and when I began to ask more questions, he would simply ignore my PMs. That's why I stopped dealing with him.

I have dealt with some sellers on here too, they seemed good and nice to you from the beginning, but once they shipped you the goods, they will never reply you anymore. I've had items shipped to me that was missing a few parts, or in a condition unlike the pics posted. There's no way to contact them anymore. Why are people like this??
Old 01-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Advanced

hey lui_boy. I talked to my friend earlier today and he actually still did have the number of Nelson's. Although I have it, I still don't think it will do you any good considering what he did to me in the past. Anyways, if you want it, pm me and i'll give it to you
Old 01-10-2007, 11:44 AM
7th Gear

Strange.. I can't seem to access my PM today.

If a Moderator is reading this, can you check why.. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lui_boy
Strange.. I can't seem to access my PM today.

If a Moderator is reading this, can you check why.. Thanks!
Probably for this reason --> https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/messages-356023/

i.e. there has been a rash of spam PMs sent out over the past few days. Generally the spammer registers (actively or using a bot) and then sends out the spam. The admins have instituted a restriction on PM use by new members (defined as having fewer than 30 posts).
Old 01-10-2007, 12:12 PM
7th Gear

Makes sense. Thanks!