Welcome to the New Upgraded Forum (Features/FAQs/Rules)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Welcome to the New Upgraded Forum (Features/FAQs/Rules)

August 26, 2008
-------------------------------------------

Welcome to the new version of Acurazine. This thread will give you an overview of the robust new features of vBulletin® Version 3.7.2. Please check out the FAQ by Clicking HERE.

For more specific information on the new features, click on any of the following links:

*NOTE: All users are allowed to upload pictures to their own gallery. However, we will not tolerate any NWS/indecent content. This is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy. You will be permanently banned if you abuse this rule and privilege. What are the NWS rules? Click here for clarification.

An Inside Look at the New Features

Picture Galleries [click]

vBulletin users can now create albums and upload pictures to their account. Acurazine allows each member to upload up to 60 pictures in their album. Maximum file size per Picture is 195.3 KB and maximum Picture Dimensions is 800 by 600 Pixels. If you try to upload pics larger then the maximum sizes, your pics will be automatically resized. For better quality, it is best you resize yourself, THEN upload.

The ability to view these albums and pictures can be limited by the user to just board staff and people on their buddy list if they want privacy.

User-Created Social Groups [click]

To further social cohesion between users and to encourage people to make friends, vBulletin now includes a facility to allow users to create their own social/interest groups. You can access the various Social Groups by clicking on your account, and then clicking on "social groups." Some groups that have been setup by members thus far include; Chi Town Acuras, 3G WDP TLs, Ambulance chasers, and more!

These groups are enhanced by having their own public messaging system, and the ability to add pictures to the group from user albums.

Member New Profile Page [click]

In order to accomodate all the new features in vBulletin 3.7, the member profile page has been completely redesigned from the ground up. The new page presents information in a far cleaner and more logical manner, while dividing up information into manageable chunks using a tabbed interface. Individual profile field categories can be displayed alone in blocks in the right column, in addition to appearing by default in the 'About Me' tab.

Attachment Viewing Lightbox

Clicking on an attached image will now open a lightbox rather than open a new window, with the image scaled to fit the browser viewport. A click on the image in the lightbox will open it in a new window as before.

Your Control Panel [click]

Click on 'your account' to access your control panel. This section allows you to manipulate various features such as;

Can I post Vids on Acurazine?

NOW you can simply cut the URL of the video page and acurazine does the rest! No need to put in the long embedded video code. Here is a screen shot of what I mean:

Your video will then show up in the actual thread. CLICK HERE to see a sample of how this then looks on Acurazine.

What's the deal with Signatures?

For now, signatures are currently being displayed. However, this may change in the future. If you would like to NOT see sigs, then please turn OFF signatures by clicking here.

Pictures are not allowed in your signatures.

Users now have an option in their user profile/edit options to only display a user's signature once per page, this might be more agreeable to some, than completely turning signatures off.

NEW Black Market Rules

All items MUST have a prefix before posted. The prefixes are:

• FS:
  • WTT:
  • WTB:
  • FS/WTT:
  • Free:

The Black Market is located HERE.

Wait, I read everything but I can't access the features!

You need to have been here for 15 days, and have made at least 3 useful posts to gain access to member profiles, the Private Messaging (PM) system, and photo albums.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Login

The system no longer remembers me, eeven though I have checked the button, so I have to login each time.
I dodn't think I've changed any of my browser settings related to cookies.
What's the problem?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:10 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by foam4me
The system no longer remembers me, eeven though I have checked the button, so I have to login each time.
I dodn't think I've changed any of my browser settings related to cookies.
What's the problem?
delete your cookies (for azine) and restart your browser. it's a common issue.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Senior Moderator

^ Thanks Virus7.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Search

I can't seem to get any meaningful results from search. I am looking for posts about "front window squeal" or "front window squeak" but get no results. If I search with Google, I can find some results but cannot get to the posts. I know there were posts in the past about these issues.

Is search working reasonably? Or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by darowa; 08-26-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Racer

Having the same issue with the search function not displaying any results or very few (e.g. alpine or nav).

Even tried searching by my user name, and it did not return any results, even though I obviously have made posts & created threads.

Hope this is fixed soon as the search function is a vital feature.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Guys, We're building an independent search index with over 4.5GB of text to index, it's just going to take time to get everything running smoothly. Appreciate the feedback and patience.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Right now my subscriptions dont work either. If I try to get them to come up....it may show there is 4 there...but if you try to display them it will reset to 0 each time. Not sure if somebody mentioned that yet or not.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 625 Likes on 276 Posts
Thanks MB, we are aware of the subscription issues, and hope to have a fix in place very soon!
Old 08-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,092 Likes on 714 Posts
I have an issue with the site logging me out after just a couple of minutes!! It does not remember me either and I am using a new computer (to me) and there are no cookies to the old site... I haven't enjoyed the site as much since the "make over".... sigh
Old 08-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

just delete your cookies & cache.

We have done some cookie adjustments since the changeover, so just because you didn't have ones from the old site, doesn't mean that yours aren't stale.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I've found that my "subscribed threads" is now working, thanks.

I've noticed that in Subscribed Threads, clicking the "down arrow" for "(goto) first new post" takes me to the last post in a thread, even when the last 5-6 posts are new since I logged in. Seems to happen from the forum message list also. Only happens on my work (Linux) laptop.

(FF 2.0.0.14 on RHEL 5, doesn't happen on FF 2 or IE7 on XP)
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

OK, here's the skinny on our Search problems that many have noticed.

Basically, our DB is over 4.5GB, and that's basically all just text data at the end of the day...so, it's HUGE. IB has never had to index a site so large before, and every time they attempt to index our entire site, it crashes the Search server

So, basically, the index has the REALLY old posts, and the posts since the site upgrade in it now, there is currently a gigantic hole in the middle of the index, hence the poor, and often empty search results.

The Developer of the Search Engine is currently working to fix the crashing problem, so that we can index the entire site's content. We are unable to really offer a time frame, since this hasn't been done by anyone involved before.

Please bear with us, and remember, you can always to to Google, and just put in site:acurazine.com before your search terms to find threads you know exist
Old 09-02-2008, 12:12 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
I like the new look. There's just a couple issues that I find need fixing.

Search seems to work. It's just that I can't get results that go back further than about a week.

Edit Signature also has a problem. If I try to save mine as is without making any changes or if I just try to change nothing more than a font, I get a message telling me it's too long and only allows 5 lines.

Hope you guys can fix all this soon.

Have a nice day! ...
Old 09-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by astro
just delete your cookies & cache.

We have done some cookie adjustments since the changeover, so just because you didn't have ones from the old site, doesn't mean that yours aren't stale.

It still doesn't remember my login.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Originally Posted by DMZ
I like the new look. There's just a couple issues that I find need fixing.

Search seems to work. It's just that I can't get results that go back further than about a week.

Edit Signature also has a problem. If I try to save mine as is without making any changes or if I just try to change nothing more than a font, I get a message telling me it's too long and only allows 5 lines.

Hope you guys can fix all this soon.

Have a nice day! ...
Make your sig shorter, we have placed limits on the number of lines it can take up. If it takes up more than 5 lines you won't be able to edit it, until you shorten it.

Originally Posted by foam4me
It still doesn't remember my login.
clear your cache & ALL of your AcuraZine cookies. I too had problems, but once I did a full delete, I haven't had a problem since.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:35 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by astro
Make your sig shorter, we have placed limits on the number of lines it can take up. If it takes up more than 5 lines you won't be able to edit it, until you shorten it.
Why a 5 line limit?

And the Search that only goes back a week?
Old 09-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Senior Moderator

We thought 5 lines seemed to be fair and not too excessive.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
I've noticed that Subscriptions have gone from not working at all to sort-of working. I get a few, but it's hit and miss. Never last for more than a couple days. I'm assuming it's still in work?
Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 AM
2nd Gear

New updated site is still unacceptably slower than previous one. I've cleared cookie, cache,etc....running verizon dsl/msn internet explorer...access to website now takes 15-25 sec (previously 5), same for access to forums/posts/blackmarket forum, etc....Does anyone else still have this problem...Will there be a fix?...Thanks!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Originally Posted by 1Louder
I've noticed that Subscriptions have gone from not working at all to sort-of working. I get a few, but it's hit and miss. Never last for more than a couple days. I'm assuming it's still in work?
This is tied to our wonky search results and is something we're working on constantly, we appreciate everyone's patience, and hope to have a solution in place this week.

Originally Posted by 1OLDMAN
New updated site is still unacceptably slower than previous one. I've cleared cookie, cache,etc....running verizon dsl/msn internet explorer...access to website now takes 15-25 sec (previously 5), same for access to forums/posts/blackmarket forum, etc....Does anyone else still have this problem...Will there be a fix?...Thanks!
You're the only person that we've heard this from, shoot me an email address via PM, and we'll go through it further.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:00 PM
1st Gear

Question Newbie Rules

I am new to this forum, so I am wondering the what the do's and dont's as it pertains to this forum. I own a 2005 Acura TSX, and have found much useful information in troubleshooting certain issues with my Acura, as experienced by a few in this web site, so I felt that maybe I should join the growing nation of Acura owners.

r/
S
Old 10-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Senior Moderator

^ welcome to the site.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:05 PM
1st Gear

I am new as well. I'm not able to upload pictures yet. Modified my RL. Sick!!!!!
Old 09-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
TAPATALK... please!!!!!!!!!