Withstands repeated hi pressure washings
Seals in factory lubricants, blocks U.V.'s
No sling, water based
Anti static
Permanent shine
One time cleaning
Tires will not brown

Application:
Mandatory deep tire cleansing (x2) for the first time, Tuff Shine tire cleaner also available. Im not certain this particular cleaner is mandatory. It acts an aweful lot like Optimum Power Clean? The point is, all previous tire
protectant/glossing residue needs to be removed.The manufacturer suggests this multiple cleaning process several times in my provided literature.

My evaluation:
The manufacturer, based in Utah I believe, shipped me a tire care/appearance kit which consisted of:
* one (1) 6oz bottle of TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat
* one (1) 22oz bottle of ready to use Tire Cleaner
* one (1) Applicator Sponge.

This particular kit retails for just under $20.00, which I found reasonable, provided it lives up to its claims. I was actually wondering how this product would work on wheel wells (plastic) while I was using it.
I used this product for the first time today and
followed directions to a "T". As with all wheel and tire cleaning, I pre-wet the tires and wheels to rinse off any heavier debris or brake dust. I used a 1 Gal Sprayer in lieu of a waterhose to conserve water and keep chances of anything reaching the storm drain, to a minimal.

So to get started, the wheels and tires were cool. Day was overcast, so I wasnt concerned about the Optimum Power Clean (Which I was using to clean the wheels) drying on the metal surface. But I will refrain from wheel cleaning details and carry on with the tires!
Here what I had to start with:

With the tires slightly wet, I misted the Tuff Stuff Cleaner on the tires entire surface, then agitated with a Eurow Contoured Tire Cleaning Brush.

I repeated this process a total of two times per written instructions. Then let all 4 tires dry completely
This the tire completey cleaned and dried:

Next up per direction, apply Tuff Shine to raised white letter or whitewall first:

Then on to the remainder of the tire after that section set up, about 5 to 10 minutes per directions which was accurate.

The rest is really history. I opted to apply two coats as I like my tires just a tad shiney.
Heres all four tires with two apps:

The Tuff Shine hit the nail on the head with two applications. And additional application would be necessary for gloss or bling.
Summary:

Im a happy camper!
And to show you the "No Sling" claim:

Completely clean and dry, there is nothing to sling! The surface of the tire is completely smooth, dry and clean.
Ease of application is no more difficult then any traditional wipe on (wipe off) tire dressing, except there is no wiping off with Tuff Shine. Just like paint prep, tire prep I have found is of vital importance.
Exceldetail approves of this new tire protectant with .
Look for Tuff Shine Appearance products within 10 days at Exceldetail.com.
Tuff Shine also makes a quick detail spray, Black Restorer, as well as the Tire Clenaer and Protectant which can be purchased seperately.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:49 AM
The Detailer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting product there Pat. I wonder how well it really holds up (to its claims as well).
Old 02-22-2009, 07:07 AM
Everyday Joe

Yeah...please keep us updated with the longevity. Tires are an issue in this house
Old 02-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
If it holds up like claimed, and I'm sure you'll let us know, I'll buy just the dressing. I have lots of Wesleys Bleech Wite for cleaning.

Reason I'd be interested is cuz I have 19 tires waiting to go on and the smaller the tire the harder to dress them etc.

How much is just the dressing?
Old 02-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
What impresses me the most (let alone durability, its only been a day) is its non slinging, and dry to the touch! Any idea how many pairs of jeans me or my kids have wrecked when lifting something out of the back of my truck and our knee comes in contact with the freshly dressed wheel? Im sold just on that fact! I really, really like this stuff!
Old 02-23-2009, 05:07 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by exceldetail
What impresses me the most (let alone durability, its only been a day) is its non slinging, and dry to the touch! Any idea how many pairs of jeans me or my kids have wrecked when lifting something out of the back of my truck and our knee comes in contact with the freshly dressed wheel? Im sold just on that fact! I really, really like this stuff!

Interesting. The tires also do not look too glossy or artificial.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:25 PM
is in Honda heaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks impressive to me. Care to share the cost?
Old 02-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Derk's K24
Looks impressive to me. Care to share the cost?
$20.00 plus S/H handling for the tire cleaner, tire protectant and sponge applicator.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:59 PM
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS

It looks like a great product and has the perfect shine IMO. Not too glossy, but still clean!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:31 PM
Kang Ho

hmmm...for $20. Time wise, how long did it take from start to finish?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:42 PM
The Detailer

After some thought, I think I'm going to give this product a try (unless Pat returns some negatives about longevity).
Old 02-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SLAKERZ
It looks like a great product and has the perfect shine IMO. Not too glossy, but still clean!
And thats only two coats Pat......
hmmm...for $20. Time wise, how long did it take from start to finish?
Actually? Quicker then traditional tire protectants. It has a real thin viscosity which allows quick absorption. Each tire took about 60 seconds to coat, and by the time I was done with #4, #1 was dry and ready for another app. I waited an additional 5 minutes to "make no mistake about it". I probably cleaned all four (x2) and coated all four (x2) in 20 minutes.
After some thought, I think I'm going to give this product a try (unless Pat returns some negatives about longevity).
You guys may want to wait for additional time to pass......? I dunno, Im real excited about this stuff.....I think the last time that happened was with NRWS?
I dont forsee any issues though, I feel that good about it. And according to the manufacturer, additional applications allow for less app's down the road. I do need to tell you, dont expect it to last like ...forever. Its not a dye. It will preserve the existing condition of your tire. Its imperative you do a thorough cleaning to remove protectant buildup/silicone, which may take time if you use traditional car soap and water to "gently" clean your tires with. I can tell you, the days of silicone sling and dirt magnet attraction are OVER with Tuf Shine. You can clean with car soap for maintenance cleaning after applying Tuf Shine.
On another note, the Detail Spray and Black Restore, arrive Wednesday for testing......
Old 02-24-2009, 08:34 AM
2012 SH-AWD / Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Damn...yet more money I have to spend!

Thanks for the review Patrick!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:06 AM
Pro

wow, this seems like some real nice tire shine! how much for just the dressing? I already have the brush and optimum cleaner from you Patrick!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor

6oz will run about $12.00
Old 02-25-2009, 12:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Ok.....The "KIT", will be available starting Friday. I normally don't like putting products in kit form (unless I do it myself), but the manufacturer has some concerns with this products release (through exceldetail) without users using the dedicated cleaner. Theres nothing worse than recommending a product to someone, only to have the product not perform as it did for me. Therefore (and Im in total agreement here) its recommended you use the dedicated Tuf Shine cleaner for your first use. Its imperative all existing tire dressing be removed prior to using the protectant, and Tuf Shine does not feel comfortable having customers use some other cleaner at the onset. Once you have used both products in conjunction, you can then determine if the tire cleaner has substantial value down the line.
So for about $20.00 plus shipping, you have a cleaner and protectant. For those of you who think this is a little steep, consider the fact that you are truly getting weeks of protection, and it doesnt wash off.......(with soap and water).
Quick detail testing will begin this weekend!! If thats as nice as the tire products, look for it coming aboard in a week or so!!
The Tire products will arrive Friday, give me a little time to get them in the store. But they should be available starting Thursday, if not earlier.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I can understand thier logic .. I have seen my share of dressed tires that look like crap because they were never initially cleaned or properly cleaned.

As I do have a good dedicated cleaner I'll hang tough till its available on its own.

Keep us informed on how long it lasted ... eg. X no. of washes and how many time it was driven in the rain.

All in all it sounds good.

D.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Former Sponsor

On another note, the Detail Spray and Black Restore, arrive Wednesday for testing......
UPS lost the shipment..........For those of you who have ordered from me, now you know why I dont use UPS.......
Old 02-27-2009, 11:00 AM
is in Honda heaven

$20.00 plus S/H handling for the tire cleaner, tire protectant and sponge applicator.

Sounds good to me. If you mentioned this already I apologize. Do you have an idea of how much you could accomplish with the amount they give? I would be doin tires that vary from 18" low profile tire on my Accord and I dont know the size of the others but I'm sure you can get an idea from the vehicles which are a Wrangler, Toyota T100 pick up and Honda Pilot. Everything besides the Accord have their standard stock size tires on them.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

I probably used 1/2 oz on all four on the Expedition.......
Old 03-07-2009, 03:02 PM
B A N N E D

Look good on trucks but what about cars with low profile tires........
Old 03-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Former Sponsor

No reason it wouldnt be just as brilliant!
Old 03-15-2009, 01:12 PM
is in Honda heaven

Just placed my order for some. Cant wait to try it out!
Old 03-15-2009, 02:52 PM
The Detailer

Hmm, this thought just came up to my mind but I was thinking how well this would do for the sidewalls of motorcycles since it seems to leave a non-greasy finish. I'm well aware that we shouldn't dress tires in general when it comes to motorcycles but maybe this product may be an exception?
Old 03-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Former Sponsor

No oils with this, thats a given. Also works well on plastic wheel well liners........
Old 03-15-2009, 06:11 PM
B A N N E D

nice ring! and another great product.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Former Sponsor

New customer comments:
When asked if TS met his approval;
Yep, very happy with the Tuff-Shine. First application is a bit of a chore due to the tire cleaning required, but it’s worth it.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Very true on the cleaning of the tires. It's kind of a pain, but well worth it. I had to scrub my tires 3 times each before the suds were white (suggested by the instructions). It's been through weeks of pollen/rain and still looks clean. So far, very satisfied
Old 05-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Drifting

Too many good reviews to pass up. Pulled the trigger on this.

The run off from the cleaner won't damage a painted/polished wheel correct?
Old 05-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Just rinse well. Dont let it dry on the wheels, just as you would avoid with any cleaner. No special precautions really.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Burning Brakes

I would recommend to rinse well and the sooner the better once the run off hits the wheels. As I applied the cleaner to my tires the run off did get on the lip of my wheels and I didn't clean it off as quickly as I should have. As I had to scrub the tires 3 times, I didn't focus on rinsing the wheels off until I was done. I just rinsed the tires, but that few seconds to rinse the wheel in between would have helped.

Either way though, the product came off my wheels...just took a very small amount of rubbing. User error, everything is a learning process so now I know for the next time...
Old 05-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Former Sponsor

I'd really like to see all of your guys before and afters!
Old 05-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Burning Brakes

I totally forgot about taking pictures
Old 05-12-2009, 05:54 PM
The Detailer

I was too lazy to, haha. My tires do look great on my Integra and I really am impressed at how well it looks. The application on the Tacoma looks like it's holding up okay but I can tell it's diminishing but I only did one application of the sealant. I think it has been about a month or so?

Anyway, I'm eager to see how well it holds up on my Integra as I'm currently driving 100+ miles daily due to school. I was happy to apply TS because using the wheel cleaner was a breeze since my tires were already well-maintained. I could have just did one application of the wheel cleaner (the foam was tinted very slightly a light tan color; hardly brown at all, haha) but I did two applications anyway to ensure proper sealant bonding.